Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Birthday and finally some rain

This is what my wife found the other day when she told our youngest son to take a nap. He went to my bed and went to sleep with my cat. Don't they just look so comfy.
My birthday was Monday the sixteenth and I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yes, even after the loss to Cincinnati Sunday. My wife surprised me with this cake. I loved it and it was really good with rocky road ice cream.

This is the view I had this morning when I went to fill my deer feeder. It hasn't rained here in about two weeks and it started pouring it down about twenty after eight this morning and when it quit I had to fill up the feeder. It was a muddy drive to the top of the meadow and extremely foggy.


We sold our battery powered timer set feeder and started using this really "high tech feeder." It was cheap and it gets the job done and with no hoisting the barrel back up to the hanger or no recharging the battery. I'm all for technology but sometimes it's just better to use whats simple and reliable. We're feeding about 12 to 15 deer and some squirrels, our neighbors dog and even some crow.



4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! Mmm, rocky road ice cream....
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday. That cake sure looks neat. Your wife did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, thanks for the birthday wishes and there's nothing better than rocky road ice cream

    Rural Writer, thanks for the birthday wishes and for the cake praise, my wife has been practicing for awhile and she is getting really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I'm slow! Where you live sure is beautiful!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete