Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm going to miss my birds.

I don't know what I'm going to do when my hummingbirds go south. They are great stress relievers. I love watching them fight and drink from the feeders and the flowers in the yard. I like watching them better than the big birds out front on the other feeder. I can get so much closer to the hummingbirds. I've even got buzzed a few times. That is a little to close; especially to my head. I read the other day that if you stand still and put your finger against the feeder the hummingbirds will light on your finger and drink from the feeder. I haven't tried it yet but I will. I love the sound of hummingbirds around.

They live in the trees behind the house. I've never seen a nest yet, but it's so small it would be hard to see anyway. I guess I'm must find another relaxing hobby. Winter is right around the corner and I'm going to need something to keep me busy but in a relaxing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment