Thursday, May 7, 2009

First post ever

Hi everyone, this is my first post ever. I will be telling you my journey into farming with 2 young boys and a wife that has never had any farm animals or raised a garden or anything like that. I farmed some when I was younger around 16 to 18, but I think I forgot many of the highs and lows of farming. So here is our journey of remodeling an old farm house and rebuilding outbuildings and fencing everything and clearing pasture fields and many other farm things while juggling a job, 2 young boys and just everyday life stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about your family's adventures. We're on that same journey to be self-sufficient. We don't have a farm, but dream of someday having one. I grew up on my grandparents farm and my husband's family bought one when he was a teenager, but they don't really "farm". One day I hope to have a farm of my own. In the meantime I enjoy reading blogs about farming and learning as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I have you as a reader and I appreciate it. I grew up on a farm and loved it and always wanted to raise my kids on a farm. I now have the chance on one of my grandfather's old farms. It's a little growed up and needs a lot of tlc, but I think I can turn it into something great. I hope you and your husband get the chance to experience it real soon. There is no greater feeling than to own and work your own piece of land.

    ReplyDelete