Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cleaning my riding mower and weedeating

Well, today I did some weed eating around the place and I wish that I had started two weeks ago. I hate weed eating my road banks, because some of them are really steep and hard to stand on. I had to use a blade on part of it with all the brush and the multi flora rose growing on there. I think I'm going to spray to kill all the brush and just leave the grass and that will make it a little more likable job.

I also mowed some grass and then took the deck off to clean it. It was a total mess. On the deck the grass was so old that it had night crawlers in it. That was kind of embarrassing to admit. My wife and I cleaned off the top; night crawlers and all. Then we cleaned out underneath around the blades and such. Then we greased the top pulleys and where the deck engage slides back and forth. It wasn't rusted or anything yet, but I think a regular cleaning schedule would work wonders. By the way I was going to sharpen my blades but they are too far gone and I need new ones. I will now have a newly cleaned and serviced deck to mow more grass. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment