Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The latest addition to the farm

We've been wanting some more guineas for awhile now. I wanted someone on bug patrol in the yard and garden and no one could do it better. They are little now but by next spring they will be bug eating, snake chasing, loud screeching watch dogs. We have 7 and I might buy another 8 or so.

I'm thinking about raising them and selling them. They are great sellers here. Everyone wants them or has them now. I used to have a bunch of guineas in one pen and right beside them I had a waterhole full of geese. I've never heard such a thing in my life. The geese would start and then the guineas would join in and you could hear it two ridges over. Most people would find it annoying but I loved it. All I need now is a gaggle of geese.

2 comments:

  1. If you get your geese, combined with the guineas, I'm thinking no one could sneak up on you, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had them both once before and when they got started it was like World War 3.

    ReplyDelete