Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rain and wind, will it ever end

The rain just keeps on coming. I just hope we get some this summer. The ground is so saturated that it can't absorb any more so we have water setting in every low spot on the farm. What doesn't make a small pond runs off and erodes everything.
And we couldn't have rain around here without wind. It blew my bird feeder behind the house 30 feet over the hill. The birds had already cleaned it out though. They didn't know to go to the post where the bird feeder was or where the bird feeder is now. I had birds in both places looking for food.
Here comes the rain. These are the clouds that produced the first picture. It looks dark and ominous, but it was just extremely hard rain. I've caught myself chanting " rain, rain go away, come again another day". I'm so aggravated that I'm chanting a kids song. Yeah, I'm aggravated; no potatoes in the ground, I can't get my old sheds cleaned up, I need to do some brush cutting and so many other things. It's all piling up. If I'm at work it's sunny, if I'm home it's raining. I just can't win for losing.

2 comments:

  1. *LOL* Yes, I've been singing that "rain rain" song in my head too! Hubby and I were just talking last night about how much wind we've had... it's usually breezy this time of year but we've had some STRONG winds this year. (And he works for the power company so he's had to work over a LOT.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has been raining a lot in my area also but we needed cause it's been very hot. It always rains during the 4th of July holiday so im just use to it.

    belly fat

    ReplyDelete