Thursday, May 7, 2009

It can't rain forever, can it?

It has finally quit raining after about a week or so. I started mowing my lawn or jungle; which would be more appropriate. It was close to a foot high in places and it was extremely wet and sloppy. It seemed I was mowing as much water as grass. The forecast called for a hiatus until around noon Friday and then rain until Sunday. I had to get grass mowed so I can get the rest of the garden in and help my wife with flowers when it finally dries out early next week. When it started we needed the rain and I hope that it doesn't turn off dry like it has the last few years. Our 18 chicks are growing leaps and bounds and my recently planted rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, asparagus and strawberries are greening up and growing. They would probably do better if they could get some sun instead of constant rain. I'll look back in a couple of months in the middle of a dry spell and wish for some of this rain, but for now listen to me complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment