Monday, November 2, 2009

I need to get some sleep

Man am I tired. I've been going to bed at midnight or one and getting up at five thirty for about two weeks now and I've just about had it. I'm so tired and sleepy. Well that's enough whining for today.

I repaired the roofs on the chicken house and the old woodshed today. The wind had worked some of the nails up on the tin. I took the drill up and screwed it down today, so that should last from now on. I need to patch a few nail holes here and there to complete the job. I'll try to get it tomorrow evening before dark. I'm going to keep cutting wood until I cut everything along the two miles of country road that the wind had blown down. I'm saving the wood here on the farm for hard times. In the last year I've cut about thirty loads of wood along the road and there is another ten to fifteen loads to go. I'll have enough to last at least two and maybe even three winters by then. I love to cut wood and if I don't cut it, it'll set out there and rot and not do anyone any good.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some days around here!

    The wood does come in handy, doesn't it? and saves money on those high heat bills. We use as much of it as we can here.

    Great job on your repairs. Now..get some rest!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally did get some sleep last night. I slept about 8 hrs and I feel alot better. I just hate paying so much for propane with all that wood laying around rotting everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are getting after cutting the wood! Good for you. It's great when you can use your own fuel and not pay the high prices. And as they say, when you cut your own wood you get warm twice! Pretty good deal I guess. ;-)

    ReplyDelete