Sunday, August 9, 2009

A little more garden produce

The boys wanted to hold one of the bell peppers and for me to take a picture of it and put it on the "puter". Dylan is getting ready to talk mid-picture. He is hard to get to hold still for a picture.
Blake loves taking pictures. I wish I could just find a way to get them to eat them. Maybe dip them is chocolate. :)

The corn is doing great this year. We've pickled about 2 gallon and froze a couple of bags so far. I picked another 2 buckets right before dark last night that my wife will put up today. I planted Candy Corn and it has a lot of ears but they are on the small side and the worms are on them.


This is the best bell peppers I've ever raised. I only planted about a dozen with ten surviving. I picked 48 big peppers off of those plants so far. I planted the Gurney's Big Bertha and I'll plant them again next year. We're freezing them and stuffing them and putting them in anything and everything we cook. Good thing I like peppers.



No comments:

Post a Comment