Thursday, August 27, 2009

When It rains it pours

I'm in the process of fixing my riding mower again. I just put new blades on it and ruined one on something that I have mowed over a thousand times. That's not the worst of it. When I hit the rock the blade stuck in the ground and burnt the belt up before I could get it shut down. So I called Sears to check on a new belt and blade. I bought the other blades at Tractor Supply for $15.99 a piece. I figured that Sears would have the belt because I bought the mower there. Tractor Supply didn't have one to fit. Sears said the belt would be $36 and the blade was $17.99. Well I was disappointed to say the least. My stepfather said to check with Clay Farm Bureau. I did and the same belt was $12.95 and the blade was $15.99. I bought them yesterday and put them on and realized the the deck where the other blade is was bent. I guess I'll go back out and pound it out straight and start mowing my 4 and 1/2 acre lawn. Well at least I trimmed most of it this morning. Well that's enough complaining for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment