Friday, August 7, 2009

Canning and preserving and kids

This is a picture of my boys just after we bought them the gator. The date is not correct in the photo. This was around late march in 08. They are so big now that they have to ride it one at a time. Oh they grow up so fast or shall I say to fast.
My banana peppers went crazy this year. I've already picked about 2 bushel and they are still loaded with young peppers.

My wife and I made a bunch of pickles and they are so good. We eat a pint jar every three to four days.


The deer and rabbits ate a bunch of my green beans. I still pickled a few and planted some late beans and I hope they do well because I'd love to can up about 70 quarts or so.



1 comment:

  1. My banana peppers have gone wild as well this year. Other varieties- not so much. I've had only one bell pepper and a few jalapenos and anaheim chilis. I'm not sure if I'll get any cucumbers this year- they're not doing well and my beans got overrun with weeds and bunnies.
    Great photo of the kids. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's date is off on their camera.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete