Monday, March 7, 2011

My new Silver Laced Wyandottes

My wife and I went to Tractor Supply and saw their chicks and couldn't resist bring home a dozen Silver Laced Wyandottes. I really enjoy raising them up to laying age. I'm trying to find some Magpie ducks at some of the local stores. I guess if I can't find them I'll order them from a hatchery. I'm looking for some geese or even gooslings. I think theirs nothing prettier than a flock of chickens grazing through a lush, green pasture. I need to get some guineas so that my guinea/beagle will realize his true identity. Well that's another story.

4 comments:

  1. I have three magpie ducks who have teamed up with my geese..... I was told they were an old welsh breed! is that true?
    anyhow nice to find anice country blog
    greetings from wales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby chicks! *Sigh*...
    You will love the Wyandottes... they make beautiful hens and wonderful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes John, the magpie is an original welsh breed and I think one of the most beautiful breeds.
    Thanks, I just want a simple blog about the way my family lives here in central WV.

    Paula, I too love the baby chicks, Easter time is tough on me because I want to buy every chick or duck I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are so adorable. Chicks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete