Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little wood and new chicks

This is what's left of the tree that was trimmed the other day. We've cleaned up just about all of the brush and hauled most of the wood to the big pile.
These are our newest additions to the farm. Ameraucana chicks. I only purchased 10 of them and straight run at that; so I hope I have at least half hens and half roosters. With my luck I have 10 roosters.

They are right at home in the stock tank/chick brooder. I have found these are great for brooding a small amount of chicks. No drafts, and safe and it holds in heat very well.


2 comments:

  1. Awww! Sweet little chicks... I just love em'! No chicks for me this year- I'm having a hard enough time buying feed for what we have! *UGH*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula

    Yeah the price of feed is getting crazy. Especially the starter and grower. It's tough being a farmer in times like these.

    ReplyDelete