Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I've been busy

I've had a lot on my plate here lately. We cleaned up the tree in the front yard and have been cleaning on the yard for about a week. I've been redoing the strawberry beds or weed beds with strawberries in them; you can pick either one. I've been tearing down some old barn sheds that fell over last summer and they are a mess. They had some old furniture and a few other things in there that I had to dig out and get to the dump. I still have a lot of cleaning to do on it. I'll post some pictures of it later.

We cleaned off the garden yesterday evening and burnt all the weeds and such. I know you're thinking that should have been done last fall and it should have been. I got a little lazy last fall and didn't clean everything up for winter and now I'm paying for it. I have so much brush cutting to do along fences and road banks before everything greens up and I'm running out of time. The tree we trimmed in the front yard is already trying to leaf out. I down think I'll ever catch up on all the work around here; between my day job and everything else I haven't had very much time to do anything around here. At least spring is here and I'll get some good weather to get some stuff done. I hope I get a few breaks in between rain showers to get something done.

And before I forget I mowed some grass a couple days ago. I love to mow grass, but if gas continues to go up I'll be looking for a few goats or sheep to mow for me. Well that's a rant I won't get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment